Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
I fall in love with the idea of people
so often that I’ve begun to lose count of
how many lovers I’ve given myself to.
At nine I fell for my librarian, for every
person content with doing nothing but
holding universes tucked between pages
like preserved flowers. At ten I fell for Eve,
for her bravery and for her weakness, for
the first woman to give up the whole world
in the name of desire. At thirteen I fell for
a boy on the downtown train who told me
I had legs made for dancing and then didn’t
get off until the last stop. Somewhere after
fourteen, I gave myself to Holden Caulfield -
but didn’t we all? At seventeen I didn’t fall
so much as jump for the man who gave
wanderlust its name, who understood that
desire came in different shades, who knew
this particular one was an aimless scratch
that could never be itched. At nineteen
I stayed up all night praying. I longed to
meet the girl who watched the very first
sunset, who dropped to her knees when
the last light collided with the horizon
since there was no one around to say
it would come back in the morning.
For all that people write of the pain of
love, I can’t find it in me to complain.
with you, my insides have been turned
inside out, with my skin still
knitting me up, nice and tight
my stomach is inverted
my lungs, upside down
my heart aglow, a lightbulb of
it is a “welcome home”
when my floors have yet to ever know you
you have offered your fingers
with my voice i’ve held them, kissed them
sang them my praises
sprinkled my trust
like stardust, like sand
in your eyes
i’ve made a home in you, yet unlike
my chains and sighs;
a nomad, a comfort
the moon rested on an open sky
screens lighting your face as the sun.
i hope my words kiss you
i hope they kiss you sweet
I bet all the other hunters of the world are just looking at the sky and going-
4 D’s of Supernatural:
BOLD WHAT APPLIES TO YOU.
- I am 5’4 or shorter.
- I have many scars.
- I tan easily.
- I wish my hair was a different colour.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair colour.
- I have a tattoo.
- I am self-conscious about my appearance.
- I have/I’ve had/I need braces.
- I wear glasses/contacts
- I’d get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free, scar-free
- I’ve been told I’m attractive by a complete stranger.
- I have more than 2 piercings.
- I have piercings in places besides my ears.
- I have freckles.
- I’ve sworn at my parents.
- I’ve been kicked out of the house.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
- I want to have kids someday.
- I have children.
- I’ve lost a child.
- I’ve slipped out a “lol” in a spoken conversation.
- Disney movies still make me cry.
- I’ve snorted while laughing.
- I’ve laughed so hard I’ve cried.
- I’ve glued my hands to something.
- I’ve laughed till some kind of beverage came out of my nose.
- I’ve had my pants rip in public.
- I was born with a disease/impairment.
- I currently have a serious disease
- I’ve had stitches.
- I’ve broken a bone.
- I’ve had my tonsils removed.
- I’ve sat in a doctor’s office with a friend.
- I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed.
- I’ve had surgery.
- I’ve had chicken pox.
- I’ve driven over 200 miles in one day.
- I’ve been to Canada.
- I’ve been to Niagara Falls.
- I’ve been to Japan.
- I’ve Celebrated Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- I’ve been to Spain.
- I’ve been to Africa.
- I’ve been to Italy.
- I’ve been to France.
- I’ve been to London.
- I’ve been lost in my city.
- I’ve seen a shooting star.
- I’ve wished on a shooting star.
- I’ve seen a meteor shower.
- I’ve gone out in public in my pajamas.
- I’ve pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
- I’ve been to a casino.
- I’ve been skydiving.
- I’ve gone skinny dipping.
- I’ve played spin the bottle.
- I’ve been skiing.
- I’ve been in a play.
- I’ve met someone in person from the internet.
- I’ve caught a snowflake on my tongue.
- I’ve seen the Northern Lights.
- I’ve sat on a rooftop at night.
- I’ve played chicken.
- I’ve played a prank on someone.
- I’ve ridden in a taxi.
- I’ve seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- I’ve eaten sushi.
- I’ve been snowboarding.
- I’m single.
- I’m in a relationship.
- I’m engaged.
- I’m married.
- I’ve gone on a blind date.
- I’ve been the dumpee more than the dumper.
- I miss someone right now.
- I’ve been divorced.
- I’ve had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back.
- I’ve had a crush on someone of the same gender.
- I’ve kissed a member of the same gender.
- I am a cuddler.
- I’ve been kissed in the rain.
- I’ve hugged a stranger.
- I have kissed a stranger.
- I’ve done something I promised someone else I wouldn’t.
- I have lied to my parents about where I am
- I’ve cheated while playing a game.
- I’ve run a red light.
- I’ve been suspended from school.
- I’ve witnessed a crime.
- I’ve been in a fist fight.
- I’ve been arrested.
- I’ve consumed alcohol.
- I’ve smoked a cigarette.
- I regularly drink.
- I’ve taken painkillers when I didn’t need them.
- I’ve done hard drugs.
- I’ve been addicted to an illegal drug.
If I were a month, I’d be July.
If I were a day of the week, I’d be Wednesday.
If I were a planet, I’d be Ceres.
If I were a sea animal, I’d be a comb jelly.
If I were a piece of furniture, I’d be an coffee table.
If I were a gemstone, I’d be a agate.
If I were a flower, I’d be an Cosmos.
If I were a kind of weather, I’d be a Ellensburg fall afternoon.
If I were a color, I’d be Scherman dirt brown.
If I were an emotion, I’d be positive-leaning calm.
If I were a fruit, I’d be a honey-crisp apple.
If I were an element, I’d be earth.
If I were a place, I’d be Ellensburg. or Scherman.
If I were a taste, I’d taste like tea.
If I were a scent, I’d be cinnamon. or nutmeg.
If I were an object, I’d be a cat statue knickknack.
If I were a body part, I’d be a foot.
If I were a song, I’d be Timshel by Mumford and Sons. or The Counselor’s Song.
If I were a pair of shoes, I’d be old worn comfy serviceable boots with bread tabs on the laces.
If I were a tree I’d be a bristlecone pine.
Page 1 of 408